Saturday 24 November 2012

Welcome to The Hoptimist

This is just a quick post to welcome you to my new blog. I've been interested in beer and writing for years but now I'm bringing the two together, throwing my hat into the ring and joining the world of beer blogging!

Over the last couple of years, I've written arts reviews and other posts for a number of websites including Londonist, Remote Goat and Huffington Post. It feels like the right time to combine my love of writing  with my love of beer. It's a great time to be a hop-head as craft breweries in the UK, Europe and the USA continue to push boundaries and create awesome new takes on classic beer styles. 

Exciting developments in brewing aren't just confined the the world of 'craft' beer of course, many of the UK's regional breweries such as Shepherd Neame, Adnams and Black Sheep are looking back at their history and tradition and combining it with forward thinking ideas to bring out excellent limited edition beers. 

I already have many ideas for beery blog-posts brewing up in the depths of my mind. Please pop back soon for reviews of some excellent beers and chat about stuff that I find exciting in the world of beer and brewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment